Tuesday, November 13, 2012

11/13/12 - "Scraplift Challenge"

Good Monday/Tuesday Morning!


Uh-oh, it's one of those weeks again, when I am going to totally lose track of what day it actually is!
I have a hard enough time figuring out which day it is during the regular weeks, LOL!
Well, I work this Friday so it won't be as bad as the last time when I had Monday and Friday off!

I  just spent some time catching up on bloggy love.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who neglects their blog on the weekend (you know who you are)!!

I mentioned yesterday  that I created 4 layouts this weekend...
One I already shared: "Child's Play"
Two I cannot share just yet:
  • A DT Project and
  • A Challenge Project that I have not yet posted (I'll be posting it on Friday)

But I do have one I can share w/ you today!

This layout I created for a Challenge that I am hosting over at Scrapbook.com. 
The challenge is called "Scraplift Yourself": "Scraplift Yourself"
The idea is to pick a layout you've created in the past and scraplift it.

Here is my creation:

First the original (Created in 2010)  -
 
 
"You Belong With Me"
 
 
 
And now my lift -

 
"My Girl and Me"
 
 
If you don't know what scraplifting is, this is a perfect example!

You take an element or elements of the original and carry it/them over to your new layout.
 
As you see I carried over: the  paper ring, the square of paper I used as a photo mat, the photo corner and the placement of the title.  After placing my scraplifted items I went ahead and embellished the layout as I pleased.  This way the layout still had elements of the original but was not an exact replica. Although an exact replica would not have been bad! I mean if you find something that works, why not use it a 2 or 100 more times, right?!
 
Anyway...if you are a Scrapbook.com, please feel free to join in on the fun!
If not...well you can still take the challenge on yourself. If you do, please let me know. I would love to see what you come up w/!
 
BTW - in my quest to use up my stash - Everything on this layout, except the letter stickers in the title, is at least 3 years old! Even the Photo Corner punch is...although I don't know how old exactly.
 
TFSB!!
 

5 comments:

  1. Cute layouts. I love the fact that you use "older" products! Like seriously, once they are in a scrapbook for years--everything will eventually be older, right? I have been trying to get through my older items, but the evil companies keep on coming out with hard to resist stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love love love your lo!! LOVING how you used Nikki's papers!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!!! :) And yep, I totally neglect my blog on weekends. And holidays, LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great lift! They're both really fun and happy.

    BTW, I don't run blog posts on weekends, but I don't consider it neglect since I use the weekend write and schedule most of my posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great projects!! am gonna actually do some scrapping tomorrow afternoon when I get home and will join in on your sbk.com challenge...will check in on Child's Play too since I haven't been over there in a bit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...