Friday, June 28, 2013

06/28/13 - SIWAS "Girl On Fire"

 
This week's song inspiration at "Scrap It With a Song" is "Girl on Fire" by Alicia Keyes.
As always is the case w/ most of these song challenges I had no idea what I was going to do!
Honestly I don't even like the song! I'm not a fan of Alicia Keyes.
But I found some of the song lyrics actually fit in w/ my life at this moment.
The lyrics that grabbed my attention were: "Nobody knows that she is a lonely girl" and I included them on a sticky tab on my layout.
 
Before I explain further let me share my layout:
 
 "Lonely"
Journaling: "All my life I have felt lonely, like I didn't really belong anywhere.
At 37 years old this feeling caused me to make some difficult choices.
Still not sure were I will end up"
 
 
As the journaling reads I have always had to struggle w/ a sense of loneliness in my life. It's something w/in me that unfortunately no one can fix. I can be in a room full of people and still feel lonely . This caused me to make some very big mistakes in my life which unfortunately caused me more loneliness. This need to get "away" from the loneliness caused me to make difficult choices. And just 3 weeks ago I decided to walk away from it all to clear my head. 

I still don't know what's going to happen.
I wasn't happy, I'm still not, and to tell you the truth I don't know if/when I ever will be again.
At this point I'm just trying to survive and figure out who I am.

I don't want to turn this into a depressing post, so let me talk more about the layout itself.

I included some selfies I took on the first day of when I was away "clearing my head". You can see from one how sad I was and from the other how lost I felt. Not sure why one came out so orange but oh well I just went w/ it and used orange on my layout to help  highlight it. I used a lot of scraps as embellies and though I tried to stick w/ the orange color pallette I eventually branched out to other colors.  Sometimes when I do this it doesn't work but on this layout... I love it! BTW - the pink circle isn't just random - it actually says things like "quest" and "explore" on it which fits the theme of my layout.

Not all layouts are "happy" layouts and despite what happens, I am glad that I documented this time in my life.
 

Okay that's all from me today.
Please stop by the SIWAS blog and share w/ us how you were inspired by this weeks song pick! 
 
 

 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) my friend. I actually know that feeling, exactly how you describe it. I have often felt like I wasn't able to communicate with others, leaving me misunderstood and unheard. I'm sorry you are going through this. It's very hard. I'm here if you ever need to vent or talk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout and the song you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is heartbreaking. I assumed all of us felt that way (lonely in a room of people) occasionally, but maybe not. Maybe it is worse for others and others never feel that way. I hope the difficult choice you made 3 weeks ago was a positive one. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, "heartbreaking" it is! Thanks for the well wishes!

      Delete
  4. I totally feel ya girl... I have felt like that most of my life ... I am happy that you are working on YOU and trying to figure it all out... {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout as always...sorry you aren't feeling your best :(

    PS I thought I was the only one that didn't like that song!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...