Wednesday, October 23, 2013

10/23/13 - CPC : Childhood Game - Risk

Hey there! 
It's time for another challenge!
"Child's Play Challenges" is bringing you inspiration via the game "Risk":
 
 
 
I was inspired by the maps on the game board. It made me want to create a travel page.

But what trip should I scrap? Hmmm...well I never scrapped any of the pictures from the first cruise David and I ever took so that's what I did here. I also included a picture of a map that includes the places we went.  
 
"Our First Cruise"

Journaling: "Our first cruise ever: Cabo, Matzatlan, & Puerto Vallarta"
(The date is printed on the bottom of the picture of David and I - September 30th thru October 7th, 2006)
 
I scanned one of the 8x10 pictures we bought on the cruise and shrunk it down to 4x6.  I printed it so that it didn't fit the whole 4x6 area of my photo paper because if I had made it fit, it would have cut some of the picture off. This caused a lot of white space on the sides so I cut that part off....making my 4x6 not actually a 4x6 any longer. The map of Mexico was an image I found online and printed on photo paper.
BTW - that BG paper has been in my stash for at least 10 years!
 
As I was scrapping this picture, I had a weird feeling come over me... not sure how to describe it exactly. All I know is I kept thinking, "Man, a lot has changed since then!" I have not only changed in appearance, but the person I was 7 years ago is definitely not the same person I am today! Not even close! I have been through a lot in 7 years, good and bad, but I am happy to say I like who I am today! I even think I look a lot better now than I did back then! LOL!
 
Okay, you know what comes now: stop by the CPC blog and share your inspired creation. You have until October 31st! 

3 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING the colors and that map paper!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this layout!!! You did a great job, and that pic is wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Including the map was such a good idea! It looks great. I hear you about things being so different 7 years ago. That would make a fun then-and-now layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...