Thursday, November 28, 2013

11/28/13 - "Where Have the Times Gone?"

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
(When I first planned this blog post I didn't even realize it was Thanksgiving!
I had to go back and revise the post before I published it.)
I'm not big on holidays so even though we will be having turkey and all the fixings today, to me it's really just Thursday.
I'll probably be scrapping today after eating and napping! LOL!
Actually I plan on cleaning up my scrap room; it is a mess!
But a good mess because I have really been scrapping away lately! I'm up to 114 layouts for the year; only 6 away from my goal! Yay me!!!
 
Okay, for the real reason I'm here:
Today there is a new challenge up at "Scrap It With a Song".
The challenge song is "Payphone" by Maroon 5:
 
 
Here's my layout:
  
"Where Have the Times Gone?"
 
I chose a lyric from the song, "Where have the times gone?", and used it as the title for my layout. These are pictures of my son in 1996, at approximately 7-10 months, and now, in 2013, at 18. I used a digi from our sponsor, KennyK, to help embellish my layout; this time I colored it.
If you're wondering why I used yellow for his hair, my son was a blonde when he was younger, not so much anymore, but I just wanted to stick to his original color, plus I like the little bit of extra color it adds.
 
This layout includes 4 of my latest obsessions: washi tape, hexagons, misting, and office labels.
Not sure why I'm into the office labels, but they're working for me right now...
I've used them 6 layouts in the last month. 
 
I remember having a hard time w/ misting, and being scared of washi but now they are 2 of my favorite things to use! And the hexagons, well I as I mentioned in another post, I bought the punch but was intimidated by it, but once I finally used it, I loved it!
I wonder what my next obsession will be?
 
How about you? What's your latest obsession?
Leave me a comment letting me know...or better yet, use those items to create a project for one or more of the SIWAS challenges!
You have until November 30th to enter. 

3 comments:

  1. Eating, napping and scrapping... the perfect day! I'm big on lots of holidays, but not TG. I probably wouldn't celebrate at all if it weren't important to Steve.

    Latest obsession? Probably washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! I love love love your lo!! LOVING the hexagons and the image you colored!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...