Monday, October 19, 2015

10/19/15 - Poolside and Candles

Hi all!
Stopping by to share my latest layouts!
Seems once I started scrapbooking my mojo came back!
 
 
 "My Kind of Monday"
 Journaling:
" .Starbucks  .Bloody Mary  .Lying poolside at Ceasars Palace in Vegas 
.Quality time w/ my honey
   = a wonderful 14th anniversary and...  My Kind of Monday "               


For the SB.com "October Round Robin"Challenge:
There are teams of 4 people, one person for each week, similar to a relay race. The person assigned for week 1 in each group will start their team off with a layout depending on what the specs and twist will be. Then the following week, everyone assigned to week 2 will lift off their week 1 team member and so on.
 
I was 3rd in line.
MarciLB started the round w/ this layout: Fishing 
JustLyn was 2nd and she created this (lifting Marci): Beach Bliss
Then I lifted from Lyn.
There are 4 people in each group so the next/last person lifts me.
 
 
 
 
"20"
Journaling:
".Green tea Frappuccino ."Jurassic World" . Archery Session .Olive Garden .Homemade Caramel cheesecake .Harry Potter book set . Target GC = Happy Birthday!"
 

My son's 20th Birthday
He's a low-key kinda guy so nothing wild....
just a few of his favorite things.
(I already did a layout about his archery session: "Archery")
 
For the SB.com "October Ugly Paper" challenge.
Each person joins and gets the name of another person in the challenge to send 2 ugly papers and an embellishment to use for their project.
You have to use the papers but using the embellishment is optional; I didn't use the one that was sent to me.
The "uglies" are the BG paper and the grey/white/yellow plaid paper.
Not really ugly at all (ugly is subjective) and they went well w/ my son's birthday photos.

I just realized I forgot to add the date so I will go back and do so. I also spelled Frappuccino wrong on the layout - ugh! Oh well too late now!


You may have noticed that both layouts have journaling in a list format.
Lately I've been finding it's an easier way to tell the story w/out being too lengthy.
 
If you're wondering...
yes I'm still reading but not as much.
I need to take advantage of this "creative mojo" while I've got it!
 
I'll have a "Reading Challenge" update soon though!
 

4 comments:

  1. Love love love these! LOVING the candles on the second one and the circles on the first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great...glad you got your creative mojo back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for more pages! I'm inspired by your first one. I don't use circles often because I think I have to fit stuff in them, but I love that you've used rectangular shapes that extend beyond the circle. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...