Monday, December 7, 2015

12/07/15 - Photo Bombed by Don Quijote

 
Morning,
Did you pause for a moment when you read that title?
It is a bit weird, right?

But it's true...well, kinda!
My recent layout will explain more (click on image to enlarge):

 "Photo Bombed by Don Quijote" 
Journaling reads: "Throwback to that time in Spain when we got photo bombed by
Don Quijote. 
And, on this day of thanks, I want to say I am thankful for this man!
Without him I would have missed out on so much in life. W/ my social anxiety
leaving the house is hard enough, but traveling to another country? Yeah, that
never would have happened. Thank you, baby!"
Photo: 10.25.15    Journaling: 11.26.15 Thanksgiving"
 
 
I had posted this photo on Instagram on Thanksgiving Day as a "Throwback Thursday Photo" w/ the intention of being funny, but because it was Thanksgiving it segued into a "thank you" to my husband.
Here's the original post: Thanksgiving 2015.
When I created the layout I decided I liked what I wrote so much that I would keep it as my journaling: both the funny and serious parts, although I had to paraphrase a bit in order to fit it on the layout.
Because of the "bi-polar" nature of the journaling, I wasn't sure what to title the layout so I just went w/ what I thought was the most obvious...
But as you can see there really is no clearly defined title on the layout itself.
Although I like titles, they're not always necessary.

I also went a bit sticker crazy but I sometimes I just really love the look of a cluster of stickers!
In fact when I was finished, I kinda wish I used more.
I notice that when I buy a scrap kit, I generally don't use all the stickers and I want to do that more...
There are 4 actual stickers on here, the "OH, SNAP" is not a sticker but it looks like one.
It's actually the "border" piece of one of the papers I used. I saw it and thought it would fit the layout so I cut it out, outlined it, and glued it amongst my cluster!

BTW - The kit I used was "Oh, Snap" by Echo Park.
Echo Park is one of my favorite Scrapbook Companies...in case you are wondering what to get me for Christmas... ::wink, wink::



5 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Love the photo-bombing. DQ looks so surprised! Fabulous journaling. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehehe ... those photos are AWESOME!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute page and great pictures!! LOVE the humor!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah so funny! Great layout I need to remember to journal more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...