Sunday, December 27, 2015

12/27/15 - Reading Challenge Update



I haven't stopped trying to tackle the list...
But I did slow down quite a bit.
With it being a busy time of year (at home and at work) and having found my artsy-mojo again (yay), I haven't had as much time to read.
The year is almost over...4 days away from a new year...and I know I wont be able to squeeze in any more book reading, or at least book finishing, before then so I am here to report the last of my list.

The last 2 books I've read are:

 
Which satisfies the category of
   . a book set during Christmas
 
 
 and

 
Which satisfies the category of 
   . a book written by someone under 30
The author turned 30 this past November but published the book in March 2014.

Both books were "okay".
If your looking for a book to just pass some time, the first will work.
The second was a bit better, but I kept comparing it to John Greene's "The Fault in Our Stars" which it had a faint similarity to, but it just wasn't up to par as far was writing goes. It actually dragged for me so it took longer to read than I had planned.


This finishes off the challenge for me.

I read 25 books and checked off 23 categories (26/24 if you count the one I made up!).
Not too bad...but definitely not as close as I would have liked.
But it was still fun!

I plan to do another reading challenge next year, but I plan on making it a bit more flexible:
1) It will not require me to check of categories
2) I will not set a number of books to read, I will just try to read as many as I can...
The challenge will be to see how many I can read.

Finding time to read next year will be a challenge in itself!

5 comments:

  1. I think you did a fabulous job. You surpassed my goal of 20 books!! My goal for next year is 25...we will see!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad at all! I know I'd enjoy doing something like this, but I don't want to accidentally turn my pleasure reading into a chore, which is exactly what my obsessed, goal-oriented brain would do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! I am squeezing 1 last book in as well :) Good luck next year...I agree that having categories to check off didn't work for me too well either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really trying to read more this year, but am not setting a goal. It is on my list of "Like To Dos though!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...