Sunday, January 15, 2017

01/16/17 - MIM #80

Hi!
How's your year going so far?
Today I'm sharing a super simple layout inspired by the second/current January "Make It Monday" sketch from the "The Memory Nest" blog.



MIM #80
  
 "Spotty's Patience"

Journaling: "January 8th, 2017
As a joke, David decided to vacuum Spotty. Spotty actually liked it! In fact he liked
it so much he waited patiently while David cleaned out the vacuum hose so
that he could get another session"

 
 
 
TBH the sketch overwhelmed me a bit; there's just so much "stuff" on it!
Not that I mind a lot of embellishments, it's just that usually when I use a lot of embellishments it's because creating the layout just kinda takes me there...it's not criteria I am trying to meet.
I decided not to worry so much about matching all the little squares/photos/embellishment pieces in the sketch and just do what I normally do, which is to be inspired by the overall design.
IDK why I had thought I needed to detour from my norm?!
Besides the 3 photos which I choose to make up the majority of the layout I also used 2 Project Life cards: 1 as a whole for journaling and the other I cut up to use as an embellishment in 2 separate areas of the layout. I added a few theme related stickers and I was finished!
I didn't include a title because I liked the look of the layout just fine the way it was...and besides, who says you have to have a title on every layout? The photos and journaling certainly explain the story!
Now it's time for you to share a story w/ us!
You have until January 31st to submit a layout using this sketch or sketch #79!


5 comments:

  1. I love those photos and I love your take on the sketch - you did a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING the photos and that story!! Too funny! Our dog RUNS from just the sound of the vacuum! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you told this story! It brings back memories. My family raised Guide Dogs and my mom used to vacuum them daily. They loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of squares on the original sketch, but you always know how to make it your own. My dog runs from the vacuum. I wish she would sit and be vacuumed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! We had a dog who loved to be vacuumed and she would come running to have herself cleaned. This is a darling layout! Awesome take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...