Wednesday, September 20, 2017

09/20/17 - September Inspiration Challenge

For the Scrapbook.com (September) Inspiration Challenge
The challenge requires the person who signs up after you to pick your inspiration.
That's always scary since they may pick something completely out of your comfort zone...
Which is what happened her!
 
Here is what was chosen for me:
 
 
-Inspiration Layout-
 
Though it's beautiful I am just not good w/ using flowers as embellishments, especially lots of flowers, though I do it from time to (rare) time.
 
 
 Here is my version:

"Expectations VS Reality"

Journaling:
"What you think you look like taking a photo together -VS- What you really look like".

W/ this layout I had a bit of fun w/ that famous meme "What you think you look like... -VS- What you really look like".

David and I had taken many photos together on our 16th Anniversary night out, including the goofy one on the right.
When tying to figure out how to scrap that particular photo, the meme popped in my mind and I went w/ it. Of course I had to pair it w/ the perfect "contrast" photo which I also had from that night.

If you don't know what I am referring to here are a few more examples:

Image result for how I think I look running vs how i actually lookImage result for how I think I look running vs how i actually look


Image result for how I think I look running vs how i actually look

In the end I was 100%  happy w/ the photos and the idea I used and about 90% happy w/ the overall layout!
BTW - I didn't even realize I used the exact/almost exact polka dot paper on my layout as is in the original layout.  That was purely coincidence as I tend to have tunnel vision w/ these type of things.

 
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Also included in the following September SB.com Challenges:


2> Hoarders
14 Hoarded items
-Flowers were all cut from 1 hoarded piece of PP
-Hearts were all cut from 1 hoarded piece of PP
-Black paper
-Buttons (6)
-PL Card
-File/Journaling Labels (2)
-Heart Punch
-Flower Punch
*NO TWIST*

>Stickers
9
-Hearts (5)
-File/Journaling Labels (2)
-Arrow
- xoxo
*INCLUDES TWIST* of Word/Phrase Sticker

>Scraps
2
-Red paper used for hearts
-Black paper
*NO TWIST*

3 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeee this!!!! Those photos crack me up and loving where you pulled inspiration from!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute layout. Love the use of flowers :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! Love it! You did a great job with the inspiration, adding just the right amount of 'you' to the design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments!!! They really mean a lot to me!!!

03/27/23 Planning with Urban Journal Season Ink

My printer was having issues and I fixed it but during the interim I was not scrapping and lost my mojo ::le sigh:: But I've still been ...